• Married to Michelle for 20 years, father to four children
• Born and raised in Oconee County
• 8th generation member of Antioch Christian Church
• Army veteran
• Over 20 years of law enforcement experience
• Currently serves as a Captain with the Oconee County Sheriff’s Office
• 22-year Oconee County volunteer firefighter
• Trained EMT
• FBI National Academy graduate
CPT. Hale's Plan
1) Ensure all deputies receive medical and fire safety training
People often times forget that our men and women in law enforcement are typically the first-first responders on the scene of an accident or fire. It seems simple, but in situations where minutes mean the difference between life or death, cross-training saves lives.
2) Continue to strengthen our relationship with local schools to keep our kids safe
We are blessed to live in a safe county to raise a family, but we should never take that for granted. Our children are our future and we must ensure that in a moment’s notice our deputies are ready to appropriately respond to any situation that arises at our schools.
3) Responsibly and respectfully spend taxpayer dollars
I believe we can serve our community with excellence by always remembering that we are hired and paid for by YOU the citizens of Oconee County. As Sheriff, I will always spend your tax dollars respectfully and responsibly. Our office will ALWAYS strive to stay under budget.